Pest Control Wild Dogs-Save Australia
In regards to Wild Dog control you have several options that can be completed by Central Coast Deer and Vermin Control.
- 1080 Baiting
- Leg Hold Trapping
Although poisoning programs can be carried out year-round, baiting is most effective when alternative food is scarce.
- 99.9% of dogs that take the bait will typically die.
- Signage required, during and for 4 weeks after completion of baiting program
- A small % of domestic animals could be affected.
Leg Hold Trapping
Leg hold traps can be used within areas that are too small to bait with 1080.
- No poison used
- No warning signs or notification required
- Humane padded jaw traps used
- Non targeted species can be caught
Caging may be useful for the control of nuisance animals but is not effective as a general dog control method.
Cage traps are used to capture problem dogs where it is undesirable to use 1080 or leg-hold traps. Animals trapped in a cage can be transported away from the area for euthanasia. From an animal welfare perspective, cage traps are preferred over leg-hold traps as fewer injuries are sustained and non-target animals can be released unharmed.
- Most humane way of control
- Time consuming
Rifle is equipped with silencer and Digital Night Vision with recorder.
- Silenced and Night vision equipped rifle with video recorder
- Dogs need to be sighted